"Ajar-Ajar" corner by W Carp society


Recently I had joined one activity , "Ajar-Ajar" corner which organized by this W Carp society. This "Ajar-Ajar" corner is mainly for helping out primary students who are weak in languages especially Malay. Many of students from Malaysia (non-malays) are not good in our own national language. So, we are there, as volunteers, to help out the poor children in the language. (feel like crying because my malay is not that good too T_T)

Today was my first day experiencing this ajar-ajar corner and I felt not that good or maybe you can say sort of "stress". I felt like it was kinda horrible at first in teaching a kid who is super quiet. I find it hard for me to teach a kid who is quiet as I myself also quiet type of person. I don't know what to ask or how to attract kids. I didn't know it was that hard for me to teach one kid. *laughs* She called me jiejie *thumbsup*

I was having hard time teaching this little JY because of communication barrier. She speaks mandarin most of the time. I sometimes barely can even understand simple mandarin she speak. T_T I told her that I am not good in mandarin and I will try my best to speak mix language with her. Luckily she understand my feeling (I hope) but STILL !!! I feel ashamed somehow....... sigh. How I wish I will get a kid who speaks English often than Chinese.

From my perspective, I think JY is actually a smart girl but she is just too introvert. Actually, I feel bad for asking her about family background. I think it was forbidden to ask those question but I don't know it was a forbidden question to ask and I did ask her !! She is like reluctantly to tell me. *whoops* I did a mistake on the first day itself. What should I do? -Mehhhhh-

I hope in the upcoming weeks I will try even harder just to communicate with her. Sadly, I can't make it in the upcoming two weeks because of midterm. I hope I can learn and be prepare to ask more question and communicate with JY.


At the same time, I received a "love letter" from Chizuru. Thank you for the letter. Appreciate it alot :)
 p/s : I love collecting love letters from people :D keke. It's very touching to receive a lovely handwritten letter from people.




Comments

Popular Posts